Thursday, March 1, 2012

Almond Coconut Protein Pancakes!

Okay, I apologize, I am lacking a picture for this recipe :( buuuutttttt, that's ONLY because they were sososososo delicious that I gobbled them up before I could take a picture! Yes, they're THAT good. Anyways, enough of the jibber jabber, here's the oh so awesome recipe:
-1 scoop of protein powder of your choice (I used vanilla whey)
-3 egg whites
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/4 cup almond milk (or whatever milk you like)
-1/2 plus a teeeennnnyyy bit of coconut extract

Optional but recommended toppings: almond butter, shredded coconut or if you're feeling extra decadent, some whipped cream and dark chocolate chips..mmmm
Mix it all up with a whisk or in a blender aanndd cook like regular pancakes! I have always made it just as one monster pancake in a 9" frittata pan because I'm too lazy to make several smaller ones:) you want to make it kind of golden-y because if you over cook it, they get tough and no one likes tough pancakes. These would also be good with banana! I topped mine with a tablespoon of almond butter and they were divine!!!
Nutritional Info: pancakes only
190 calories
3g fat
4g carbs
1g fiber
34g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment